Prof. Yusup A. Yuldashbaev
Head of Institute
Academician of the Russian Academy of Science
Dr. of Sc. (Agriculture)
Tel: 7 499 976 02 36
7 499 976 14 47
Timiryazevskaya str., 48
The Institute of Zootechnics and Biology is one of the oldest faculties of the University. Its history goes back to 1865 when the animal husbandry section was established as a structural unit of the Agricultural Division of the Academy. It has existed as an independent Faculty since 1934.
Departments of the Institute
- Dept. of Dairy and Beef Cattle Breeding
- Dept. of Private Zootechny
- Dept. of Zoology
- Dept. of Veterinary Medicine
- Dept. of Morphology and Veterinary and Sanitary Examination
- Dept. of Horse Breeding
- Dept. of Animal Feeding
- Dept. of Animal Breeding, Genetics and Biotechnology
- Dept. of Physiology, Ecology and Biochemistry of Animals
- Dept. of Aquaculture and Beekeeping
The Institute has at its disposal many facilities where students can carry out their experiments: the horse-riding hall, poultry farm, apiary, laboratory of animal physiology and pathology, laboratory of quality assessment and certification of honey production and the laboratory of animal husbandry analyses.
The scientists of the Institute are the authors of the Russian textbooks on animal husbandry which are widely used by students of other Russian institutions and universities.