ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for PhD PROGRAMS
To be registered for the program the following papers are to be submitted June 20 to July 20
- A brief critical literature review on a relevant scientific problem, which you are interested in, supplied with a plan of your future research work.
- A copy of the diploma of a higher education.
- A personal statement of about 500 words explaining why you wish to study at the RSAU-MTAA and giving a more extended justification of your reasons for wanting to study the chosen problem at postgraduate level.
The decision of admission to the post-graduate studies is made on the basis of the University's possibilities to provide facilities and conditions which are necessary for the research to be planned.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for MSc PROGRAMS
To be registered for the program the following papers are to be submitted before August, 01
- Copy of national passport
- Completed Application Form
- Certified diploma of BSc/MSc degree or equivalent (certified English and Russian translation)
- Transcript of academic records (or certified English and Russian translation) including list of subjects and marks obtained
- Completed health certificate form (in English and Russian)
- Curriculum Vitae (in English and Russian)
- Statement of motivation (in English and Russian)
- 8 photos, of size 3x4 cm
- Abstract of thesis (summary of the thesis you wrote for your BSc/MSc degree) - not obligatory, though the document will help to assess your application (in English and Russian)
University implements three-level educational system:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSc) of 4 years
- Master's Degree (MSc) of 2 years
- Postgraduate courses (PhD) of 3-4 years
The academic year starts on September, 1.
The Bachelors program consists of several modules and multiple subjects lasting 4 years and comprising 240 ECTS credits; the Masters program is 2 years in duration and comprises 120 ECTS.
Credits are measured in terms of the hours of study involved: one credit is equivalent to a study load of 36 hours. ECTS credits are numerical values allocated to course units to describe the student workload required to complete them through lectures, practical work, seminars, individual work and examinations or other assessments. Credits are awarded only when all required examinations have been passed. For information about enrollment, please contact the specific program coordinator, who can be found at http://www.eng.timacad.ru/activity/educational-activity
The qualification of future specialists is based on courses in the humanities, social sciences, economics and mathematics departments, as well as natural compulsory and optional courses. The programs of the first and second year of study include fundamental core courses that are similar for all specializations. The programs of the third and fourth year are comprised of specialization courses that students can choose based on their professional interest and experience already accumulated. After the third year of theoretical study, students can participate in conducting research, which is an essential part of their diploma theses.